Friday, October 1, 2010

On the Stage Coach

We are all worms, But, I do believe, I am a glowworm.-Winston Churchill

There are things none of us understand. Such things for me are more often then not, men... the Universe... Women... Algebra...Politics and cooking. Let us begin with the first in line:

Men:

While the most beautiful man I have ever seen in my life may be the most beautiful, he most likely is not the best suited for me. I find myself discovering more and more that I don't have a type. If I had one, it would be Russell Crowe, Case in point: Assholes. Russell Crowe in physicality is perfect for me. Scruffy, manly and kind of a teddy bear. But, essentially, he's a douche. Now, lets face it, most women like assholes, nothing new there. We like the guys that treat everyone but US like shit. WE love to be the exception to the rule. The one that changes him, the one that tames him or at the very least the only one he doesn't treat terribly.

- Problem
When a dude is an asshole... Please, for christ-sake don't expect him to be anything else. Especially to you.
Assholes are assholes they may put on a pretty pink hat for the first few months but essentially they will always be assholes. It's the same with women. When she's an asshole... Point blank, my sisters and brothers, she is an asshole.

This is something I need to realize. I always love the furry fluffy ones who could throw my over their shoulders and carry me off to a cave some where. Yet, here I am, single and coming more and more to the conclusion that I need to change the friggin' recipe if I'm planning on settling down any time in the distant future.

I've said what I will about the things I don't understand for today, but I know, I know you're probably wondering I titled this entry On the Stage Coach.

I like the idea of the metaphorical stage coach waiting for all of us. we just have to choose which place we'd like. My problem recently is I've been a passenger rather than riding shotgun, twelve gauge in hand awaiting the moment to pull the trigger. Biggest problem here is, no one's got the reigns. I just want the twelve gauge, that's all I'm sayin'.

Plus I'm a little obsessed with the old west. Whatever. More on things we don't understand later. For now.

Ride on

No comments:

Post a Comment