Thursday, November 11, 2010

On the Process

We are all worms, But, I do believe, I am a glowworm.-Winston Churchill

As we all know, working is never easy. Well at least not at normal jobs. The good news is: I've landed myself two pretty fantastically fun jobs that make my life better rather than more stressful.

I'll admit the waking up at 6 every morning is a little bit of a drag, but seeing the coffee begging to be drunk in the coffee machine is the best way to shake off the dregs of despair at having worked for three weeks in a row with no breaks in between. Seriously, people. I have two jobs, most all of which require me to work literally every single day of my life. But, it's okay. MOST of the time.

I would say that today has been the end of the line for working everyday of my life. I was positively exhausted at the Fruit store today and I couldn't possibly think of anything I would like better than a Diet Pepsi, my paper back copy of The Godfather and my bed. And so it goes, I've read a couple chapters and am now blogging before I hit the ever-lovin' sack and get my first day off in WEEKS ( possibly months) I haven't really kept track.

The proper truth really is that I WOULD like a little time off to finish the novel and the collection of poetry I've started and to like, you know, have a social life.

But, commerce calls every morning at 6 sharp and insists on my presence and utter diligence. I don't mind it all that terribly much, it's actually kind of fun, being a little normal for a change. Coffee and cigarettes get me through the day, and that good ol' fashioned brown bagged lunch I pack every morning before hopping on the bus.

I suppose my life doesn't lack much.
It's all part of the plan, all part of the project of becoming a better person and a better friend and lover.
I would lose sight of things if it weren't for the Universe pulling me back in every once in a while when I'm chanting just to say, good job kiddo.

I essentially love my life and essentially only lack a couple things, but those things are in the works and so are many, many other wonderful things.

Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment